Sunday, January 13, 2013

One More

One more goal for '13!

MacGyver's fam is doing a weight-loss and general 'healthy living' challenge that started on January 1st.  It ends on Easter, and there is a cash prize for the person who loses the biggest percentage of body weight.

We're also doing a points system for healthy choices, like drinking 64 ounces of water {tough!!}, eating fruits and veggies, exercise, getting 7 hours of sleep, and no eating after 9pm.  There's a cash prize for the person with the most points, too.

So far I'm losing at both.  Big surprise.  I have 15-20 pounds to lose, so slow and steady is my motto.  2 pounds a week and I'll be golden.

Even though I'm losing the challenge {so far!  slow and steady wins the race!}, I'm still doing great!  Since Christmas Day, I've lost about 8 pounds.  I feel awesome!

I'm so happy to have some motivation to finally stop making and eating cookies.  Every day.

We used this as our inspiration, but simplified it a lot.

Do you have any weight loss/healthy living goals this year?


2 comments:

emily said...

congrats!! I am doing this with Anna's group and I'm pretty excited about it. I've never done something like this before and I sure need the motivation.
I know you'll get 'em in the end!
Love the idea about the sleep. Think I could get Wyb in on that?

Shannon said...

Totally doing this with my family! Congrats on the 8 lbs! We start on Monday... I'm sure you'll see it on the blog ;o)