Friday, April 19, 2013

Survived.

I know this is, like, nothing for some {most?} of you out there, but Nic has been out of town for two weeks.  And if you're my real-life friend, you're sick of hearing about it.

But he comes home tonight, so I thought I'd blog about my survival.  Of course, I had help from friends and family who watched the kids for me, fed us, and listened to my complaining.

So to survive, we...

...enjoyed the not-freezing weather that lasted 4.6 seconds.

...went on a pilot visit to the dentist.  No cavities for Ella, I had a slew of complications from my out-of-control teeth that required an afternoon with a numb mouth.

...went to church looking semi-presentable.

....cut down a tree.  This was a surprise for Nic.  How exciting am I?

...got brave and ventured to Red Robin when the need for greasy sustenance arose.

...went swimsuit shopping.  Hank came home with a speedo.  Not even kidding.

...classed it up at the store and read mags without buying.

...installed a tip-out false drawer under the sink.  I *hate* sponges {shudder}, so I did this mostly for the future ease of changing hardware.  Signs of a home improvement junkie.

We made it!

1 comment:

emily said...

congrats on surviving (and even having fun). all single parents deserve medals and trophies at minimum.