Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth Festivities

 Well, you know how I adore making festive outfits for my little ones.  Having two just means they get to match.  This is what having kids is all about for type-a mommas like me.  I also made matching Sunday outfits, too, though Little Dude's didn't exactly turn out.  The Sunbean's was cute, though.

 On Saturday, we went to a parade in the town where my grandma lives.  I've gone to this parade for as long as I can remember.  It just doesn't feel like the 4th of July without this little lake-town celebration.  The Sunbean just thought it was loud.

It's been strange the past few years, without gathering to celebrate my grandpa's birthday.  His birthday was on the 5th, but he died on the 2nd a few years ago.  I have many happy memories of packing the lake cottage full of family.  It's different now, but we just can't miss this parade.

 Since the Sunbean is cute + sitting in a relatively kid-free area + sitting at the end of the parade, we got a haul of candy.  It was actually a little overwhelming for my pint-size tot, and she started crying because she couldn't pick it all up.  Aaaaaaadorable.

For the rest of the weekend, we grilled out with friends, played fun card games, taught sharing time, bought a tent off of craigslist, went camping in Michigan {where the Sunbean was in her first-ever golf cart parade}, had another cookout with family, and then went to fireworks.

Phew.  We're tired.

2 comments:

Libby O said...

Hi! If I wanted to contact you by email - how might I do so? Thanks!

Libby O said...

You can email me here: libby@psaessentials.com! Love your blog!