Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Bucket List


A few weeks ago, it hit me....summer is cruisin' on by.  I have this reaction around July 4th every year.  I think it stems from being in elementary school.  This was back when we got out right before Memorial Day every year (what on earth is up with schools going until the middle of June these days?!?).  Being in elementary school, I wasn't working or involved in sports, so the summer lasted forever.  July 4th seemed to mark the middle of summer.

Well, now, it seems that the summer has just begun around July 4th.  Every year, I kind of freak out and think, "Wait!  How is it July 4th?  Summer just started!  There's so much left to do!".  Schools around here start back in less than a month.

Though I suppose without kids in school, my summer doesn't really have an end, other than when it gets cold.  I decided to compile a summer bucket list of things I want to do with my kids before summer's end.  Some we've already done, and some we'll do multiple times.

Picnic
Library Reading Program
Sprinkler
Camp in Michigan
Camp in the Backyard
TinCaps Game
Outdoor Concert
Parade
Bubbles
Water Paint
S'mores
Splash Park
Winnie the Pooh
Boat Ride for Ice Cream
Cookout with Friends
Beach

What about you?  Do you have any big plans?  Small plans?  Or are you just counting down the days until the kids are back in school?

3 comments:

virginia said...

i am interested in this boat that gives you ice cream? do tell.

Abbey said...

Ohhhhh, it is so fun. My family camps up in Michigan, and we take my parents' boat to a little ice cream shop on the lake. It's simply fantastic.

Unknown said...

I like your list. We visited family in Wyoming over Independence day and had lots of fun.