Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{clever title referencing DIY}

When we moved here, we were in serious need of some furniture in our bedroom.  For Christmas, MacGyver surprised me with a TV for our room.  Controversial, I know, but we love it.  Particularly at 6am when our children feel the need to start their day.

So we needed something on which to place the TV.  I high-tailed it to the ol' GW {goodwill for those of you not in the know} and found this diamond in the rough:


$15 for a solid wood desk with dovetailed drawers?  Yes please.

I had a coupon for a free paint sample at Benjamin Moore, and settled on 'Glimmer'.  A little sanding, painting, and hardware-updating later....


Such a great piece.  Sadly, this is the photo I used to craigslist it.  There just won't be room when we move back into our house.

But I did sell her {for $30!!} to a darling woman who is making a yellow office.

Winning.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So... Since you are moving back, I've decided that you should come over and paint all of my wooden bedroom furniture! They are all hand-me-downs/garage sale pieces that need a new look. I'm totally dreading the sanding part...

emily said...

I seriously love this!
I'm thinking the craigslist lady got one heck of a deal!