Tuesday, May 7, 2013

At Least I'll Have My Arms

As this pregnancy progresses, it has become quite clear that it will be next-to-impossible for me to keep my weight gain in check.  That was expected; I've never gained less than 90 pounds.  Granted, a good deal of it is water weight {I swell terribly in the last weeks...months...}, but a good deal of it is not.

Honestly, with both Henry's pregnancy and this one, I've been so careful about what I'm eating.  I don't really even want sweets this time around, which is uncharted territory.  I think a suuuuuuper slow metabolism is to blame.  Anyway.

One thing I loved about Henry's pregnancy was that since most of it progressed during the winter {born May 28th, and that spring was really cold}, I rarely needed to bare my arms.  This time around, though {October due date}, I'll be wearing as little clothes as possible in those hot summer months.

I found this workout on Pinterest, and it seemed doable.  I've been using 6-pound weights and doing three sets of 10 reps each every morning.  I'm not convinced you can actually see results yet, but I can sure feel it!  Give it a try!



1 comment:

emily said...

This is inspiring me to buy another 5 lb weight. Somehow, it got lost in the move (???) and I haven't picked up the one I have since.