Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hank is 2!

This sweet guy turned 2 today:









Sorry for the photo drop.  I just love him.  He is sweet and so funny.  He has the most tender heart, and will surely be the class comedian.  He loves Ella more than anything, and I'm so thankful for the relationship they have.

Here are some things about Henry that I don't want to forget:
  • he refuses to eat sitting down...must be standing.
  • he loves to watch the washing machine turn.
  • he loves tools, specifically tape measures and flashlights.
  • he loves to put his hand between my shirtsleeve and my arm.
  • he says nearly every word correctly, except milk.  every single liquid is 'nuk'.
  • he loves pizza so much that he does a little dance of excitement when he sees a pizza box, complete with flapping arms and shouts of gibberish.
  • when Henry wants something, he shouts, 'i do!'. over and over.
  • if the rating scale was sleep alone he'd be my favorite...he sleeps 14 hours at night, and takes a 2-3 hour nap.
  • he must, at all times, have something in each hand.  it's usually a train engine, a car, or a bobby pin.
We had a great day...we went to Starbucks for breakfast in party hats {family tradition}, played on the trampoline {our gift to Hank}, and took Ella to dance class.

Please excuse my lovely singing voice, and watch this ad. or. a. ble. video of Henry blowing out his candles.



We love you, Henry Ronan, and are so glad you're here!

3 comments:

Sara Gilbert said...

Happy Birthday Henry! I cannot believe he is two already. Love your birthday traditions (my mom did traditions every year too).

That video is tooooo cute!

emily said...

Happy Birthday Little Dude! I can't believe he's two also. I love his list.

Shanna said...

Simon does the same thing with my sleeve and arm!! Happy day to him.