Monday, August 5, 2013

Babymooning

Over the weekend, I did something I've never done before.  I kissed my husband and kids goodbye on Saturday morning, and headed to Columbus, Ohio, to hand with my college bestie.

We're both 30 weeks pregnant, and wanted to get together before these babes make their debut.  We'd considered meeting at the zoo with our husbands + kids, but then thought that maybe a weekend sans responsibility would be fun.

Boy were we right!  I've never done a 'girls weekend', and it was fantastic!  We stayed at a really nice hotel at Easton, an outdoor mall.  We pretty much just walked around and talked and ate.  We did leave the hotel/mall area to find a ghetto fabric shop and to search for nursing bras.  We're that exciting.

On Sunday we slept in all the way until 8:30 {obviously we're both moms}.  Mostly, we just enjoyed people watching and listening to people marvel at the sight of two largely pregnant women walking around together.

I'm so glad we just did it.  It was kind of hard to find a weekend that worked, but we did and it was so so fun.


Excuse my fat face in this picture, but there is a new American Girl store at Easton.  Just about every little girl was toting around a new doll.  I'm a big AG fan, so we stopped and I {naturally} found the cutest little swaddle blanket to take back to Ella and her bitty baby.  The doll I'm next to is Molly, whom I've had for well over 20 years.  Ella loves playing with her now!

Today it's back to the reality of insanely crabby toddlers {I have one who has been screaming for 4 hours straight...good thing I'm not taking it personally}, paying bills, and cleaning the house in its state of being mom-less for two days.

1 comment:

emily said...

that sounds so delightful. I still have never been to an AG store... I want to go!!!