Friday, February 25, 2011

Flower Wreath Tutorial

We used to have a moss-covered letter on our front door.  You know, the kind they sell at Pottery Barn for $75.  I made it for less than $10, but it had seen better days.  Really, the most irritating part was when you accidentally bumped up against it and wore little bits of moss all day.  MacGyver was not a fan of that.

Well, I love these flowers, made by Emily over at Jones Design Company.  I've made a ton of them that I use in my hair or pin onto scarves and shirts, but then got the genius idea that they'd make an adorable wreath.

Well, it's true.  They do.  But a word to the wise:  this is a super simple project, but it takes a ton of time.  My advice is that you work on it during the evenings or naptime when you're just watching TV anyway.  Or maybe that's just me?

Anyway, for your crafting pleasure:


 Step One

 Step Two

 Step Three
Tutorial for those found here.
 
 Step Four

 Step Five

 Step Six

Happy Weekend Project-ing!

4 comments:

Shanna said...

So quick question just to be clear. In step 4 you glue the flower shapes to the circles first and then completed flower to wreath right? And then did you use the same size the other lady used or did you do a bigger one? Love it! Thanks for the great craft. I think I am going to make on for my Mom!!

Nic and Abbey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbey said...

You got it. Glue the flower parts to the little circles, and then glue the whole flower thing to the wreath.

I used the same size for the wreath, though I made a smaller size for when I wear them on my clothes. Then I usually wear a bigger and a smaller of the same color.

Good luck! :)

Sara and the Boys said...

Thanks Abbey! I made one for my hair and can't wait to wear it tomorrow :)