Wednesday, February 9, 2011

N is for Nesting: Bags for my Bag

Here is the first of oh-so-many nesting projects.  I do not remember this intense nesting feeling with the Sunbean.  Maybe it's because I was working, so I wasn't home all day?  I have no idea, but this is borderline insanity.  My head is filled with thoughts and lists of things I want need want need to do, and I'm scrambling to come up with both the time and money to get it all done!  Can I really take 3 more months of this craziness?!?

Well, at least I have a blog to document this, ah, blessed time in my life.  So last night I whipped up some catch-all bags for my diaper bag.  I have two Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags, a bigger one and a smaller one.  When Little Dude gets here, I'll need to use the bigger one, but I hate having to switch all of my 'necessities' out just for a quick trip to the store or {gasp} a trip to the salon, sans children.

This way, I have my wallet, my coupon-and-important-paper-bag, and my pencil-nail file-tampon bag.  If I need to switch bags, I'll just need to grab those three things and go.  Here's how I did it.


Step One:  Gather Supplies
 
Step Two:  Grab the Scissors

Step Three:  Put On Your Zipper Foot

Step Four:  Turn On the Iron

Step Five: Regular Foot Goes Back On

Step Six:  Turn

Step Seven:  Admire Your Work
 

1 comment:

emily said...

great tutorial! these are really fun to whip up, and so handy!