Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thanks, Target

I've been experimenting with ways to re-create this pillow, for less than the 25 bones they want for it:
I found this tutorial, which seems to be working quite well.  So far, I've succeeded in making several grown-up hair accessories:

I've never been one for putting stuff in my hair, but I've been loving these things.

So there.  Even if the pillow isn't started done yet, I've got good hair.
And I'd never have made them if Target wouldn't have overpriced the pillow.  Thanks, Target!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous has these pillows. She created a tutorial for a pleated flower here: http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/2011/02/pleated-fabric-flowers-tutorial.html

Chantel said...

Love it- and I have pined for those pillows as well. I love the yellow ones. :) (Like Linda has...funny side story...I met Linda when I was in college before her blogging days. My College bff introduced us. We had some double dates after we were married)

Deb said...

Very cute...I wish I had your drive to make things! One day when I don't have to worry about money and my bills are paid off...you know when I hit the lotto!! LOL! It really does look awesome can't wait to see the pillow!