Monday, March 21, 2011

30 Week Update

Here I am, with yet another riveting pregnancy post.  Here's my 30-week update.


  • I love the comparison of photos here.  I've gained wayyyy less weight and I'm not retaining water this time around.  Because of that, I feel so much better.  It's crazy how much of a difference that makes.
  • You can't really tell with these photos, but I'm carrying way higher this time.  So much more comfortable.  A kick in the ribs is no treat, but it's better than feeling like your baby is going to fall out at any given moment.
  • As much as I'm feeling better physically, I'm a freaking mess emotionally.  My apologies to those who have to interact with me on a regular basis.  I swear, I'm trying to be normal.
  • I'm feeling so un-ready for this baby to come.  I've been working some extra hours from home, so now I'm just waiting for payday to go on a shopping spree.  I find it strange how much I 'need', considering just three years ago we had a newborn.
  • I've reached the point of pregnancy where I feel like I have no clothes.  I do have clothing, I'm just sick of it.  I don't want to buy more, because I'll only be wearing it for 10 more weeks.  Having said that, I just got a new shirt on Saturday.  I'll be wearing it tomorrow, and probably at least one more day this week.  Don't judge.
  • I'm also to the point of pregnancy where I'm getting some fantastic comments.  I think maybe I'll keep a list and do a separate post.   However, today my favorite 11-year-old looked at me curiously and asked if I was having another baby.  He's just now figuring it out?  I'll go ahead and take that as a compliment.
  • I'm getting so excited to meet this little boy and see what he looks like and acts like.  I'm starting to remember how much fun it is to have a baby!

    2 comments:

    emily said...

    I think you look great. Only 10 more weeks!!!

    Unknown said...

    Awe. Sorry you're emotions are out of wack. Glad everything else seems to be going well. So what if you need a few items, it's still 10 weeks.