Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mid-Week Brain Dump

  • Oh, man.  I've got so much going on for the next several weeks!  Mostly because I started a scoring project.  I occasionally score standardized tests from home.  It's a great job with fantastic pay, but it sure does suck up a lot of time.  I'm supposed to score at least 25 hours a week.  Plus, my other job gave me a few extra hours for the next month or so.  Let's just say that finding an extra 30 hours with a toddler running around is quite the challenge.  Payday is great, though!!
  • In all of my busy-ness, I did find time to get my hair cut and colored on Monday.  Man, I feel better.  It is ridiculous how much that helps.
  • On Monday night I grabbed two Starbucks and went to chat with a good friend.  It felt so good to just talk with no kids pulling at us (okay, her super-cute baby was around, but that certainly doesn't count).
  • Nic and a friend are finally laying carpet in the kids' room this weekend.  I have been waiting for this project to get finished so that I can get moving on the room.  It has been at a standstill for a few months, and it is driving me crazy!
  • I think we've pretty much decided that the Sunbean is going to preschool in the fall.  She'll be three, and is so ready.  Plus, it's just three hours, three times a week.  We chose a Montessori program, and I love it.  Since she has a late birthday, she'll be able to complete the three-year program, and then start up kindergarten.  It seems so strange to me that she's old enough to be thinking about preschool.
  • We got our Peg Perego double stroller (we went with the Aria Twin 60/40) in the mail, and it is great!  The Sunbean loves it (and loves to watch Sesame Street in it....don't judge), and I love it.  Our carseat should come this week.  We sold the Sunbean's infant seat because we hated it.  We were much better consumers this time around.
  • A friend gave me a coupon for a $20 gift card to Target.  Talk about a great friend!  I used it to get some new hair accessories, some Starbucks (duh), and I still have some left.  That was a good way to start off the week!
  • The Subean is in the 'why' stage.  I might die if I hear 'why?' one more time today.
  • At my doctor's appointment, she did a quick check of the ol' cervix (don't you just love those appointments?) and said, "Wow!  Did you know his head is right on your bladder?"  Yes, doc.  I got that.
  • MacGyver is really into watching these strange documentaries on Netflix.  I guess I should be happy I'm not missing good TV while I'm grading.
  • We're going to Ikea next weekend, and I can't wait to pick up a few things I need.  Why is it that the stuff I want isn't available online?
  • I think it's supposed to break 50 degrees today.  I love me some winter, but I'm ready to ditch the maternity coat.
What's on your mind?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited for Sunbean to start her Montessori school. I've heard lots of good things about their program. Ah, payday can be so rewarding when you have put in sooo much extra work. I hope you love your new car seat like you do the stroller. Have fun nesting in, I mean organizing, the kids room. :)