Friday, March 11, 2011

My Gift to You

I'm blogging from the couch, because I can't move.  I've just stuffed myself full of Rachael Ray's Pasta e Fagioli.

I first heard of this recipe from my friend's blog.  Check it out.  She's crafty.

I listened as all of our mutual friends raved about it, but was pretty skeptical.  We're not big soup eaters over here.  I don't mind soup, but MacGyver is not a fan.  He would let me serve plain, stale toast for dinner, but draws the line at soup.

I finally decided to give it a shot, and I'm seriously so happy.  MacGyver hasn't tried it yet, but I'm certain he'll at least choke it down.  It's fantastic.

I was a little concerned because I didn't have many of the herbs, but the flavor was awesome, and it is super filling.

Here's the recipe, and here's what I did:

  • I used ground beef instead of sausage, because it's what I had in the freezer.
  • I just added pressed garlic with the beef instead of roasting it.
  • I used cabbage instead of fennel, because I had some in the fridge.
  • I used 1 quart of vegetable stock, and then added a little water.  I have no idea how much.
  • I used two fresh bay leaves, but nothing else.
  • I used 2 cans of Great Northern Beans, because, again, it's what I had.
  • I topped it with a ridiculous amount of fresh Parmesan.
Do yourself a favor and make this.  I'm not kidding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

welcome to the wonderful world of deliciousness. told ya it was yummers! :)