Monday, August 22, 2011

Cute Widdle Shoes

The other day, I had an appointment, and my dad offered to take the Sunbean for the morning, which turned into the entire day.  Is it not so strange when one of your children is gone for the day?  Anyway, there were lots of things I could have done with my day.

You know, like clean the floors, nap, watch TV, scrub the toilet, laundry....the list of fun goes on and on.  What did I choose to do?

Make baby shoes.


I used this tutorial, and they were really pretty easy.  My machine had no problem with the pleather {my iron?  that's a different story.}, and they came together relatively quickly.  They aren't perfect by any means, but they're pretty cute.

I got my fabric at Joann's, and found it in the clearance section.  The only thing I don't like is how the back is gray, and not the same color.  In the places where it peeks through, it bothers me.  But I didn't really feel like shelling out 35 bones a yard for the good stuff.  It cost me 75 cents to make these, so I can live with it.

But they do look adorable.

Or maybe it's just the model.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I'll sew a blanket here and there, but little tiny baby shoes?? Girl, you have the patience of a saint! :)

emily said...

those turned out so cute! i've seen that tute, but didn't really have a reason to make them, but they are adorable!!! would they be as cute on a large 4 year old?

Unknown said...

cute! I never thought of trying to make shoes. Good job!

Maya said...

you should totally add these to little ones!