Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday, Sunday


  • We're here in our new place and getting settled.  Moving is always an adjustment.
  • It was a much smoother adjustment until the internet guy disconnected our free cable.  We haven't had cable in 4 years {and will probably never have it again}, so we felt pretty cool for those first few days.
  • Did I tell you that Starbucks is a 5-minute walk from my front door?  Well, it is.  Awe.  Some.
  • We attended our new ward today.  I had been in Sunday School for about 4.6 seconds and I missed Primary.
  • The ward is great, though.  The Sunbean loved nursery and met some new friends.  About 5 million people introduced themselves and everyone was very welcoming.
  • I'm so thankful to be here with my husband.  Our house hasn't sold yet {it's only been on the market for a few days, so no worries just yet}, but we made the decision to move as a family.  We'll have double the expenses until it sells, but I'm so glad we're all here together.
  • We are in the land of the Buckeyes now, and I'm absolutely amazed at how 'stylish' Buckeye apparel is in these parts.  That trend will have to grow on me.
  • We are just a half hour from some dear friends of ours, and spent Friday night with them.  It was so nice to sit and have pizza and milkshakes with some familiar faces.  I've been homesick, so it was great to just relax and be myself with people who love me.
  • We now live in, apparently, a ritzy little place.  You know, the kind where they don't use store logos.  It took us forever to find Lowe's and Home Depot because they are disguised in this large brick buildings with itty-bitty signs.  For the love, people, the new citizens of this town have a hard time finding Wal-Mart when it looks classy.
  • Life is good.  Quite different, but good.

1 comment:

emily said...

primary missed you too.