Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Did 52

Last year, one of my big goals was to learn more about my camera {cannon rebel xs}.  I wanted to learn more about shooting manual, and more about editing.

 I got Photoshop at the end of 2010, and started stalking some photogs on Facebook.  I decided to try a 'challenge' set forth by one of them, called "Let's Do 52".  The idea was to challenge yourself to take a fresh photo each week.  It was a great way to make sure I got my camera out each week and to make sure I challenged myself to try new ideas and techniques.

I'm really happy with my progress in 2011.  I learned a lot, and I feel comfortable with my camera.  I've even had 6 different people pay me money for photo shoots!  That's something I never thought would happen.

So if you've got the time, check out my 'Let's Do 52' tab.  Here are some of my favorites:








I'm not doing a specific challenge this year, since my camera is already a part of my daily life.

How about you?  Did you complete any goals in 2011?

No comments: