Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Heart Free Art

I suspect I've been flagged at Lowe's.

I've been doing some projects around here, with one central theme:  free.

Thanks to Pinterest, I've discovered that the best material for free art supplies is paint chips.

Here's what I've made with paint chips + mod podge:

We have this terribly awkward wall in our kitchen.  It's a walkway + has stairs on both sides.  And just for good measure, the thermostat was hung with no rhyme or reason.  But these (heavily inspired by some at World Market), help.
  
The folks over at Young House Love did something akin to this.  We've got this guy hung near our TV.  You know I got the frame at the ol' GW.  Excuse the awkward angle...the sun was producing a glare.
So if you need me, I'm the crazy lady squirreling away paint samples from Lowe's.

Also?  These are terrible iPhone pics...my computer recently decided to start rejecting my camera card.  Awesome.