Monday, December 17, 2012

Wrapped and Done

My motto for the holidays is 'wrapped and done by December 1'.  I start planning in October, thanks in part to the lovely app I have for my phone, and finish up shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  Then I wrap it up that weekend, and we're all set to go.

There is, of course, always the few straggler gifts, especially the handmade ones.  Tonight I finished up the pjs that are a tradition in our home, and put a few finishing touches on Little Dude's big gift.

This year, the Sunbean requested 'lots' of matching outfits for her and her favorite, 'grey kitty'.  Luckily, 'grey kitty' is basically the same shape as her Bitty Baby, 'bitty', so the clothes were easy to make.  Because I'm way too cheap to buy the matching outfits.  Also, don't you love the creativity we have going on here with the names?

I didn't take pics of the outfits, but I decided that every busy momma needs a bag to hold all of her gear.


I love it!  Kinda wish I had one my size.  I used fusible fleece, which was a first, and loved how sturdy it made the bag.


 I filled it with a bunch of her doll stuff, because the last thing we need is more of that stuff.


Gotta love easy access outside pockets.  Even though the Sunbean asks me why some babies drink from bottles.  She totally doesn't get the bottle thing.


Ah, and to top it all off, a lovely coordinating front pack baby carrier.  I mean, grey kitty carrier.

I got all of those fabrics at Joann's....can you believe it?!?

Here's hoping your Christmas shopping/crafting/sewing/creating is nearing an end!

5 comments:

emily said...

curses! why is our Joann's so far away!!!! Those are seriously cute.

virginia said...

wow cool. she is gonna be one stylist mama.
thanks for the card :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.