Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

  • My hair is curly now.  Pregnant hair = frizzy hair, so I took a trip to the salon.  I love it.
  • We decided on a paint color for the new kids' room.  Boy or girl, this baby will be sharing a room with the Sunbean, so we picked a paint color that will work for both.  Depending on the gender, we'll accessorize accordingly.  I painted a tiny bit this morning to see how it looks and it is fantastic.  I'm so excited to get started on this big project.
  • Did you know the Dollar Store has paint brushes?  I seriously love that place more and more every time I go.
  • We lost power for a few hours this morning and it was kinda fun to find things to do that didn't require electricity.  At least it gave me an excuse to avoid the ridiculously large pile of laundry.
  • Speaking of, I was thankful we have gas logs to keep us warm without our electric heat!
  • Has anyone else starting listening to Christmas music yet?  MacGyver refused to let me decorate for Christmas last night.
  • It's my birthday month.  Birthdays are pretty much national holidays in our house.
  • Speaking of birthdays, we're taking a road trip on my birthday weekend to see our friends.  I'm so excited!
  • I broke my mom's new sewing machine on Monday night.  Oops.  Luckily, she gets free service for the first year.
  • The Sunbean somehow picked up the lyrics to "Jingle Bells".  Seriously adorable.
  • Now I'm off to tackle the laundry and catch up on TV shows for the rest of Sunbean's nap...Happy Thursday to you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely NO Christmas before Thanksgiving in this house. The poor holiday is so overlooked....but that doesn't mean I don't wanna. )

Abbey said...

Haha...I totally agree. For some reason, I'm itching to 'break the rules' this year. I do get irritated when I see Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, but for some reason I want to join the crazies this year!!

Deb said...

You should post a picture of your hair...I'm sure it looks totally cute. Here in MI WNIC starts playing the music on Nov. 1st...no I have not switched stations yet, too soon. I try to wait until the week of Thanksgiving. I never decorate before my birthday...Dec 5th...and I do not remove the tree until the 1st unless it is a real one then it is down before the next weekend.