Monday, January 10, 2011

Oh, By the Way...


We're having a boy!  Baby #2 is officially of the male version, and there's no question about that.  I'm no ultrasound tech, but the boy paraphernalia was pretty obvious.

The ultrasound tech wasn't our usual, but she was so sweet and printed off a ton of great ultrasound pics for us.  We got a great shot of the little dude sucking his thumb and a perfect profile shot.

We're very excited, and it's been fun to think about life with a little boy.  We don't have ANY boy clothes (unless boys are wearing pink and ruffles these days), so I'm sure I'll have fun shopping for him.  I love preparation for any life change, so this is pure bliss for me.  A new adventure with lots to plan.

And by some strange gift from the heavens, I've lost 4 pounds since my last appointment.  I'm not sure how, because even though I've been hitting the gym most days, I've definitely been eating my calorie requirements.  And then some.  And then some.  No complaints, though!  After gaining 70 pounds with the Sunbean, this is a welcome surprise.

So here's to team blue!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you know I have tons of boy clothes that you are welcome to borrow. :) Congrats guys!

James, Catherine, David and Abby! said...

Boys are SOOOO much fun! Congratulations!!

Valerie said...

It would have been congratulations either way. But Congratulations :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So excited for you and your family. What does Sunbean think?

Shannon said...

YEA!! Congrats :o)

Kelsey said...

congratulations! i know you dont know me but i had the wonderful oppurtunity to read your nappy 9or was it nabby?) blog just before you made it private. i must say, the story of your sunbeans birth was so moving. I completely understand if you don't want to share it with the public but i just found out i am pregnant and love reading stories of beautiful births, such as your first. i hope you have a similar birth with little dude and i hope you share it with us. again, if you dont, i completely understand.
thanks
kelsey