Friday, January 14, 2011

Our Dining Area

A few months ago I blogged about our 'new' kitchen.  We finally finished up some odds and ends of the other side of the room.


We've had the table and chairs for about 4 years.  We got them for Christmas from my parents one year, because 3 of the 4 chairs of our ancient set broke in just one week.  Talk about an expensive week.

I made the artwork with scrapbook paper and mod podge, and the frames and art display thing are from Ikea.  The lights are from Ikea, too.  See those nice white curtains?  I made them with canvas and some grommets that I got at Joann's.  What you don't see is that I had to do them twice....measure twice, cut once.  Lesson learned.


And here's our mini-mudroom.  This used to be a half wall, but when we put the fireplace in, we extended it up and added a cubby.  Perfect for cookbooks and dishes.

We're so happy with our fresh new kitchen!

1 comment:

virginia said...

I like those light fixtures.