Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bias Tape Pillow Tutorial

A few months ago, I spied a pillow at my favorite store.  I would have bought it, too, but I'm just too cheap to spend $20 on a pillow that you can't even wash.

So, of course, I sped home to re-create it.  It was so easy, and cheap.  And kinda fun, too.  If you're in the market for a fun new pillow, try my


Supplies Needed:
old pillow or pillow form
1 yard-ish fabric (I used duck canvas)
2 packages of bias tape


2. Before you sew the envelope together, lay out the bias tape in the pattern you like.  Put the pillow at the top so you have an idea of what will be on the front of the pillow cover.  Note:  the sacked-out baby in the background is not required, but suggested.


3. Stitch the bias tape on.
4. Fold the cover and continue with Martha's envelope tutorial.

 

Tada!

1 comment:

virginia said...

i think i will try this one out:)