Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Homebucks

It should come as no surprise to you that I've completely trained my 3-year-old to love Starbucks.  It is our easiest bribery tool, and also works well for rewards.  And snacks.  And lunch.
The Sunbean at a tea party at Starbucks on her 3rd birthday.

Sometimes, she gets a hankering for Starbucks when it just isn't possible to go, like when our fun money is spent for the week or on a Sunday.  So MacGyver and I play a little game called 'Homebucks'.  We make a 'brown milk' and eat a treat.

This last Sunday, it was me who needed the Homebucks.  I really wanted one of those giant oatmeal cookies from Starbucks.  A little Pinterest-addiction later, and I found this recipe.  Oh man, it was a dead ringer for Starbucks.  I even made them giant-size.  I used the berry medley from Trader Joe's, instead of the raisin/cranberry mix the recipe calls for.

They were so tasty.  I'm only a tiny bit embarrassed to tell you that between MacGyver and I, we ate the entire batch on Sunday night.  Calories don't count on Sundays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good inventiveness. now I want a cookie :)