Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Holler.

Hey, do you remember that one time, when I had a blog I updated?

Because every post is better with a picture.

It's been a seriously crazy week.  We've:
  • rented/sold our house!  Hurrah!  No more rent + mortgage + double utilities every month!  It's not 'official' yet, since the bank is still building a portfolio on the interested person, but he's moved in and paying us rent.  Winning.
  • traveled home to make sure the house was ready for our guy.  It was weird to walk out, knowing we'll never live there again.  We've had 6 months to move on, though, so it wasn't too emotional.
  • made travel plans for Florida!  My mom, the kids, and I are headed down in a few weeks.  I'm sure it will be nothing short of crazy with whiny kids, but that kind of sums up my life here, so might as well do it on a beach, right?
  • taken a road trip up to Cabela's in Michigan.  My dad is hunter/fisher/outdoorsman extraordinaire, so this store is like home base for him.  He likes to take the kids up once a year, so up we went.  We made the experience complete by taking his new Ford truck.  Yep, we're that family.  To balance things out, I made sure we stopped at Target and Starbucks {twice}.
  • spent an entire Friday night + alllll day Saturday looking at new cars for me.  We've more or less narrowed it down to a Honda Odyssey.  We're open to the Toyota Sienna, but we're Honda people.  My CR-V is at 250,000 miles right now, and still going strong.  You just can't argue with that.  So we found what we want a few times on Saturday, but it basically boiled down to being cheapskates thrifty.  In three months or so, we'll be able to pay cash for the van we want, so why finance?  Sure, we could finance now and then pay it off then, but I think we'd probably end up going on vacation or something with the money.  I think it will feel good to drive away in a new {to me} van that we actually own!
So I suppose that's why I haven't been updating the ol' blog.  Tomorrow I'm visiting a friend and taking a meal to another, so it will be another busy day.  Also on the agenda is sewing some clothing for my children so they aren't running around naked or wearing winter clothes in Florida.  Ah, the troubled life of a stay-at-home momma.

No comments: