Monday, March 11, 2013

Favorite Granola

A dear friend of mine {why don't you blog, Lisa?!?} introduced me to this recipe years ago.

It's just so good.


And it's simple.  No stovetop cooking, just dump, stir, and bake.

I made this batch during naptime and Ella and I had a bowl {or five} as our afternoon snack.

8 cups whole oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup dry milk
1 cup honey
1 cup canola oil

mix in roasting pan & bake at 350.  stir every 10 minutes.

I  just bake it until it's brown enough for me.  Maybe 30-40 minutes?  I eat it by the handful, on yogurt, with milk, on ice cream...it's so good any way you have it.  If you want to get crazy, add cranberries or raisins.  Adding Trader Joe's blueberry/cranberry/raisin mixture is particularly delightful.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Yes, I remember loving this granola. I'll speak for Lisa and say she is wayyyyyy busy :) Who has time for blogging when you're the choreographer for the Hill Cumorah Pageant?!