Sunday, March 31, 2013

What I Wore {Easter}

Do you read Camp Patton?  Seriously funny.  I may or may not laugh aloud alllll the time.  Love Grace's sense of humor.  And her style.  And her hair.  Okay, creepy part over.

Grace is hosting an Easter Outfit link-up, so I figured I'd join in since I made the kids' outfits.  Ella's preschool had a fundraiser last month {well, they have one every stinking month} that involved professional photos.  As a photog myself, there's not much I love more than paying too much for sub-par photos of my children.  Le sigh.  They suggested Easter dresses for the photos, so I whipped up these threads for the kidlets.


This was the best we could do for photos.  It was a balmy and breeeeeeezy 30 degrees, so I'm not sure why we weren't all smiles.  I just wish you could see Ella's dress better...it's so darling.

For Ella's, I didn't use a pattern.  I wish I'd have at least written down how I made it, because it fits her so well.  The gathered neckline and sleeves make it so forgiving!  I'd love to make a few more.  For Henry's tie, I kind of used this pattern.  It turned out really cute, and fits great.  He was quite possessive of it today, so I think I'll make him some more!

As for me, here I am at 12 weeks with the No. 3.


Why am I inhumanly large for just passing the first trimester?  I'll never know.  My body loves to grow, I guess.  My dress and sweater are from Old Navy {dress, maternity}.

Our Easter was great.  We spent the weekend with Nic's fam, and then headed to my parents' after church today.  It was a nice, low-key way to end the weekend.  Ella stayed overnight, and I celebrated by de-junking her room.  She's a pretty serious packrat.

As a side note, I did a variation of Resurrection Eggs with my primary class today, and loved it.  Then they did the same thing in sharing time...sorry kids!  Seriously, though, it was great.  I modified what I could find online, adding Christ's visit to America and also mentioning that He hung out with us on Earth for 40 days before the ascension {should that be capitalized?}.  I'm absolutely crowning it a new family tradition.  Google it and check it out...a pretty cool teaching idea.

Happy, happy Easter!


Camp Patton

10 comments:

Kayla Moncur said...

That dress is lovely! Cute maternity dresses can be so hard to find! Gotta love Old Navy.

Savanna said...

I love the dresses. My number #3 baby bump is out of control, must be a #3 thing. It doesn't get the memo every week about how tiny the baby still is.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on Baby #3!! Wonderful news. You look beautiful in pink and so does your sweet little girl. Happy, happy easter to you and your sweet family!

emily said...

very cute indeed! I can't believe how long E's hair is! you look fab too, thats a great dress. did you get my card in the mail?

emily said...

very cute indeed! I can't believe how long E's hair is! you look fab too, thats a great dress. did you get my card in the mail?

Nic and Abbey said...

no!! i get extraordinarily excited about mail, so i'm excited to get it!

emily said...

Well, what stinks is I mailed it probably a week and half ago! Let's hope it shows up and instead of some postal worker enjoying your gift card!

Nic and Abbey said...

ummm...gift card?!? how sweet! maybe i'll check nic's car...

Erica said...

Congratulations on #3! And you look so beautiful! I love that dress

Unknown said...

Adorable family! Where's a picture of Nic?