Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Little Dude is...


Phew!  What a quick month!

Time just flies by with two kids.  I seriously can't believe our little guy has already been here for one month.

We all love having him around, including the Sunbean, who keeps asking if we can keep him.  Love it!

Here are the facts about the Dude:

  • He is a monster.  Last Thursday, he weighed 11 pounds.  I'm sure he's up to 12 now.
  • 0-3 month clothing is getting snug.  Shoot...I'll have to go shopping for more summer clothes.  My life is rough.
  • Even with all that chubby cuteness, he has colic.  You know, the scream-every-night kind.  He's pretty unhappy from 6-10ish.  Kind of a bummer for us, but we expected it.  It's just the way our newborns are, I guess.
  • The good news is that he's incredibly happy and laid-back during the day.
  • And even better...he's sleeping 4-5 hours at night.  His sister didn't do that until 8 months.  Love.  it.
  • He's happily cloth-diapered now.  I found some clearanced-out diapers {thanks to my new friend!}, and ordered some to add to our stash.
  • He's started cooing and I saw a hint of a smile yesterday.  Such a cute baby.
  • We're thinking his hair is going to be lighter than the Sunbean's.  It's so hard to tell this early, but it sure looks lighter for now.
  • He loves to be swaddled.  His swaddle-wrap-things were getting too tight, so I went to buy some in a bigger size today.  It appears that they do not sell them for monster-sized children.  I guess when your baby hits the 12-pound mark, they don't need swaddled.  Time to bust out the sewing machine.
  • This guy loves to nurse.  He's a comfort nurser, which is new to us.  It really doesn't bother me, though.  I know in just a few short years he'll want nothing to do with boring old mom, so I'm trying to soak it all in now.
Life is just so much fun right now!  I forgot how great it is to have a baby around.  And it is such a joy to watch the Sunbean love her brother.  I know I was worried about it, but for no reason.  She just loves on this little guy all day long.
Happy One Month, buddy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe! Adorable pic, as usual :) I love your update. I'm sorry about the colic. I'm glad its only a couple hours and he conks out to make up for it.

emily said...

crazy time going so fast! he's so cute.

MarfMom said...

try the kidpatomus brand, cotton type (not fleece). baby j is coming in on 17 lbs and 27" long and he still fits in the large size of that brand, though barely. and yes, he'll be 7 months tomorrow and still wants swaddled. m was the same way. my kids are odd like that i guess!