Sunday, June 19, 2011

To The Dads


I'm pretty lucky, and here's why.

First, I'm blessed to have a dad who played on the floor with me when I was little, cared enough to say no, and never missed even one game, ceremony, or other elementary-high school-college event.  And now I get to watch him love on my own kids.  He's such a good grandpa.

Then, I married a man who gets up with our early birds, brings home treats for everyone, and isn't afraid to play dress-ups.  I love watching him figure out parenthood.  He's doing a swell job.

Probably because he has a great example.  I married into a family with a strong patriarch.  You know, the kind that has tea parties, sneaks his grandchildren m&ms, and plays board games.  Another good dad {and grandpa}.

My kids are lucky, and so am I.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads in our life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post just makes me smile. I'm glad you and yours is blessed with such wonderful examples of fathers.