Friday, October 28, 2011

Little Dude is...


  • Not to be ridiculously cliche, but where is the time going?!?  5 months?!?
  • This little guy is such a relaxed baby.  He's more than happy to sleep anywhere, anytime, and under any condition.
  • Lately he's really been into grabbing his feet, which I find to be one of the most adorable things a baby could do.
  • He's wearing 12-month clothes, and I'm sure that 18-month clothes would fit just fine.  I know what this guy is getting for Christmas!
  • One of my favorite things about Little Dude are his thighs.  They are these solid chunks of baby fat.  I love it.
  • My parents bought him one of those jumperoo things.  Holy moly.  He just loves it.  If you have a baby, you totally need one.  The best is when the Sunbean is running around like a crazy lady, and he just jumps and jumps to keep up with her.  It's like a little glimpse of how insane my life will be when this kid starts moving on his own.
  • Speaking of, I think he'll be like the Sunbean.  She was an early sitter, and a late crawler.  Little Dude can pretty much sit on his own, but shows very little interest in laying on his tummy or back.  That's exactly what the Sunbean did, and she crawled at about 10 months.
  • This kid is still waking up every 2-3 hours at night.  It's seriously ridiculous.  I'm not willing to let him cry, though, so I'll suffer through the fragmented sleep for a few more months.  It just kills me that this 17-ish pound kid can't sleep for longer than that.  Sigh.
We love you, baby boy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:D loving the baby updates.

emily said...

I can't believe he's that old already!!!! love that face.

MarfMom said...

time goes so fast! i love his little outfit! gosh, i need to get J clothes like that now. he doesn't own anything more than a light jacket and he's only had to wear that once so far. j also does not sleep through the night. he's 11 months this week, and 18 lbs. we'll give him till we settle in the new house, at which point he'll be almost 14 months, and then we're going to have to figure out some no-cry sleep solution.