Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Primarily Wonderful

I heard from a little bird that I was officially released on Sunday as the Primary President.  We've moved, so I wasn't there.  I'd been unofficially released of my duties before we moved, but I couldn't be released until they found a replacement.  She'll be outstanding.

But I wanted to take the time to mention my experience in Primary.


Just over two years ago was, essentially, my first day in Primary.  It was also my first day as Primary President.  I can't explain the feeling of complete inadequacy I felt when I accepted this calling.  Why I would be chosen to lead and teach the children of our ward was beyond my comprehension.


Very few things in my life have led me to fervent prayer as much as Primary.  Many tears were shed the past two years as I searched for the best way to serve the young children.




I've been humbled by the knowledge, desire, and testimony of these children countless times.  They've taught me how to teach my own children.


I'm sure we'll have new callings to focus on soon, and I'll learn new lessons and strengthen my testimony in other ways.  I'm excited to move on, and thankful for the blessings that came into our lives because of my time as Primary President.


For now, I'm enjoying the free time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great memories. enjoy your new ward.