Thursday, December 29, 2011

Little Dude is...


Yesterday, this little guy turned 7 months old!  He's such a sweet baby.

For about the past week, he's had a head cold.  The poor thing could barely breathe...I nearly took him to the emergency room one night at about 2am.  Luckily, after I sucked his nose out really well, he started breathing better.  But even though he wasn't feeling well, he was still his sweet, personable self.

Here's what he's up to:
  • This little guy loves to nurse (still every 2 hours!), but really doesn't like table food.  We've tried bananas and peas, and he just really isn't a big fan of the experience.  I got some oatmeal cereal to try...maybe he'll like that better.
  • I was planning to do baby-led weaning (basically, you skip purees and allow the baby to feed himself from the beginning), but I just couldn't get comfortable with the natural gagging that is a normal part of the method.  I'll bust out my blender instead.
  • Our growing boy got plenty of 18-month clothes for Christmas, and it's frightening how well they fit.
  • We've officially decided his hair is red.  Or at least reddish-blond.  I am so pumped.  It looks brown in most photographs, but it is red in person.  We both have families full of redheads, so I've been waiting.
  • We (finally!) got most of our furniture here, so he's started to sleep in his crib.  I think we're all thankful for that.  Mysteriously, though, there is a red-headed baby laying next to me most mornings...
  • He just is barely starting to reach for people.  Such a darling stage.

We love you, little guy!

No comments: