Monday, December 5, 2011

On the Second Day of Christmas...

....my true love gave to me:

'Festive in 5 or Fewer'!

Forgive me for the cryptic title.  Last week, our Relief Society had a gathering called "Festive in 5 or Fewer".  The idea was that we'd walk away with ideas that cost less than $5, take less than 5 minutes, or require 5 or less things.

It was so fun!  I was asked to demonstrate some creative decorating or gift-wrap ideas.  Gulp.  My first assignment here!  Here's what I came up with, all courtesy of Pinterest.

 This is an old saran-wrap box.  I just covered it with wrapping paper (I used mod podge), filled it with treats, and tied with a bow.

 This peppermint tree is just made from a cardstock cone and, obviously, peppermints.  Just don't try to move it around too much.

 Here's a jar painted with silver spray paint, filled with treats, and tied with a ribbon.

And, my personal favorite, a snow globe containing a gift card.  For this one, use hot glue to attach a gift card and a few Christmas trinkets (dollar store ornaments) to the lid of a jar.  LET IT DRY FOR A FEW HOURS!!  I didn't do that the first time, and had floating trinkets and gift cards.  Then add water and glitter.  Don't let this sit around for more than a week, and I'd include the receipt, just in case.

Hopefully you can use some of these ideas if you need to be festive in 5 or fewer!


No comments: