Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Vintage Bow Skirt

When I was home a few weeks ago, my mom got a new dress coat.  It was high time, since I'm pretty sure she'd had the last one since I was born, or at least very small.  I'm 28.

I'd seen this one, and knew I wanted to copy the idea.

Here I am, modeling this totally awesome coat:

I know, right?  I should have just left it as a coat.

It really was an easy project.  I just cut a panel of the coat, added some darts here and there, a high waistband, a zipper, and then, of course, a bow.

I even used the existing lining.  Here she is:


Perfect for church!

4 comments:

emily said...

super-cute! and the "before" pictures make it all the better.

Unknown said...

Some day I want to be able to whip out projects without a pattern like that. Great job.

Nana said...

Never realized quite how bad that coat was looking. At one time it did look good.....

Unknown said...

so, so cute! & it looks great with that top!