Monday, December 19, 2011

On the Seventh Day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me:

a quick coaster gift idea!
Okay, folks, this is thee definition of a quick, cheap, and easy gift.  And it's totally cute.

As I mentioned before, we did a stocking stuffer gift exchange with my aunts and uncles.  I had planned to make some soda can coasters, but that was a giant fail.

So I busted out the Modge Podge and used photos instead:

It was super simple.  I started with the 10-cent tiles from Lowe's, and some 18-cent prints from Walmart (which got flagged as professional photos...score!).  Modge Podge the tile, put the picture on, Modge Podge on top of the picture, and then spray with clear enamel spray paint.

I added some felt to the bottom, tied them up with some twine, and tada!


We gifted these yesterday, and they were a hit.  Give 'em a try!
 

1 comment:

emily said...

really cute. i think i'm going to do something like that with faces in combination with this idea:
http://pinterest.com/pin/265079128036902700/

glad it's so easy!