Thursday, May 17, 2012

Facts in Five

I'm totally stealing this idea from my friend Abby, but I don't think she'll mind.

The Sunbean


  1. Preschool is almost over for the year; next week is the last week.  I'm loving what the past few months have done for her, and can't wait to see what she learns next year!
  2. She's getting so good and reasoning and critical thinking.  It's so fun to watch her figure things out.
  3. She is the best big sister.  I can ask her to entertain Little Dude for a few minutes, and not only is she really good at it, but she's always willing.  I scooted their seats together in the van {did I blog about my new van yet?!?}, and they are always holding hands.  So sweet.
  4. This little girl is officially at the age where it is actually easier for me to have her friends over to play.  Cook 'em a little Annie's mac and cheese and turn 'em loose.  It's just lovely.
  5. I can't get over this little lady's imagination.  She loves pretend play, and is always coming up with crazy scenarios.
Little Dude

  1. This guy is a great observer and quick to learn.  The good side:  the first time he held any type of writing utensil, he drew some great scribbles {pictured above}.  The bad side:  just a few seconds ago, I watched him open the TV remote, remove the batteries, and attempt to eat them.
  2. His favorite toy EVER is the nasal syringe from the hospital.  He carries it around with him everywhere.
  3. He is standing for really long periods of time, and is cruising everywhere.  I'm thinking he'll be walking soon...maybe even by his birthday!
  4. I'm living life on the edge with this kid and gave him strawberries last night, a few weeks before his first birthday.  I know.  He LOVED them.  His face was kinda like, "Woman!  WHY have you been holding out on me?!?".
  5. His newest trick?  Turning on the dishwasher.  He turns the dial and then flips the latch.  Seriously?!?
Also, I'm guest posting over on Living My Life on Purpose today.  Head over there to read some great stories about some great moms!

1 comment:

Lora said...

Hi Abbey, I saw your blog on Shannon's blog and decided to go check it out. This post made me smile....such a sweet post. It also reminded me of when my older two were younger.