Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Obsessed

I haven't been blogging much lately.  Here's why.

Every spare second I have, I've been obsessing.  Obsessing over what we're going to do in September when our lease is up.

When we moved to this particular suburb, we did so because the schools are top-notch.  Seriously fantastic.  We didn't realize that it is a *really* wealthy community...apparently that's why the schools are so good.

Well, rather than stretch our budget here, we'd rather choose another suburb with equally as good schools and more affordable housing.  It's a no-brainer, right?  Well, wrong.

There isn't a 'perfect' place for us.  Either the homes are small, the taxes are high, the schools are really big, the commute is long, or the area is too rural {we're city folk at heart}.

The biggest problem, though, is stupid preschool.  The Sunbean is all enrolled and set {and deposit paid} where we are.  She loves it and loves her teacher.  I know she'd probably love just about any preschool, but when I called to inquire at EVERY OTHER school on our list, they're all full.  Full.  Grrrrr.

Sure, we could do community preschools, but those are expensive.  Like, at least $300 a month.  I'm totally not doing that.

I have a Type-A OCD streak in me that comes out all the time when there's a major life change going on. Which pretty much describes the past two years of my life.  Here's what our sweet chalkboard coffee table looks like now:


It's a handy-dandy reference chart with pros and cons of each potential suburb.

I really just want the decision-making process to be over, but we still have some big hurdles to get over and some choices to make.

Until then, you'll find me with my eyes glued to realtor.com, great schools.net, and my cute little chart. 

5 comments:

virginia said...

ah...moving. its a full time job trying to find the perfect place! i wish you luck.

Valerie said...

And that's why I will be homeschooling :)

Maya said...

i hear you! i used to live there so if there is any insight i can give let me know.

Leslie said...

You gotta use Trulia for your house search. It's amazing.

Unknown said...

I second the trulia suggestion. Good luck with your search.