Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Smashing Good Time {Part One}

I'm not a big Saturday poster, but we're back home this week, and I'm hanging out with the Dude while he naps.  That we he actually, you know, naps.

His big birthday is on Monday, so my head has been spinning with ideas for celebrating.  We've pretty much decided to pump him as full as sugar as possible, and then no doubt wonder why he won't nap.

On the Sunbean's first birthday, we took her to Picture People to have a 'cake smash' photo.  It was such a fun, fun thing and I just love those photos {and the memories!}, so we decided to make that an official first-birthday tradition.


Since I don't take my kids to stupid photo places anymore, I'm going to just take them on my own.

We obviously went the giant cupcake route with the Sunbean, but I decided not to mess with it for Little Dude.  Since we're not at our house, making something this elaborate wouldn't really work out.  So here's my inspiration for his smash cake {all from Pinterest}.


I really love the layer cake with the fluffy icing, but MacGyver likes the middle photo the best.  I made a cute little banner, too.  We'll see how mine actually turns out.  I have a really good skill of creating things based on Pinterest ideas that look nothing like the inspiration.

I'll make sure I post the pics from the cake smash!

No comments: