Wednesday, May 23, 2012

oh honey.

Today when I picked up the Sunbean from preschool, I could tell something was bothering her.  I danced the fine line between asking too many questions and not asking enough until she finally let it spill.

Two girls from preschool were having a playdate, and my darling Sunbean wasn't invited.  To say she was devastated would be an understatement.

Enter a new level of emotion toward this sweet person.  It's that I've-sooooo-been-there-and-it-sucks-so-bad-and-I'd-do-anything-to-take-your-pain-away-but-all-I-can-do-is-sit-here-and-listen feeling.

So we went for a walk to get ice cream.

It's only just begun, my sweet little girl.  It's only just begun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness. what an awful feeling. but it's absolutely amazing that she's old enough to have that happen. growing pains...

Kelsey said...

how heartbreaking! oh i just want them to stay little forever (sometimes). way to cheer her up.

Unknown said...

Poor Sunbean. I hope the ice cream helped.

emily said...

oh poor girl! she seems too little to have this happening already. but it's never too soon to understand the power of ice cream!