Monday, June 11, 2012

Funday Monday!


How's your summer going?  We've had a really fun and really HOT week.  We spent a large part of last week getting ready for a weekend of house guests, which was totally fun.

But I did stick with my goal and cranked out a fun activity each day.  Go me.  Forgive me for the less-than-quality iPhone pictures.

We checked out the local library.  We've had a library card for several months, but we actually stayed awhile and explored.  It was fun.  I signed all three of us up for the summer reading program, too.

Tuesday afternoon was cloudy, so I thought it be a great day to go to the zoo.  We pulled into the parking lot....and it started to rain.  Our backup plan was Starbucks and COSI {the local science museum}.  It was just so much fun.  MacGyver's parents bought the kids a membership for Christmas, and we've been loving it.  Little Dude was really exploring things this time.  I just really love this toddler stage.

I've really been wanting to do some type of finger paint activity with the kids, and about 10 seconds into it, I remembered how much stinking work something like this is.  They had a blast, but it was just barely worth it.  There was an insane mess everywhere, inside and out {and all over all of us}, and I think Little Dude ate about a cup of the paint {I just used cornstarch, water, sugar, and food coloring}.  Do you see how red his hair is getting?

My parents came to town, so we were able to go to the zoo with them.  It was a hot, hot day, so we just stay for a couple of hours in the morning.  I'm so happy we have a membership so that I don't feel bad about it.  Despite the heat, we had a blast.  And got a workout pushing the stroller around in the heat!  Do you think these cute kids went home and took a good nap?  No.  No they did not.

One day, the Sunbean was just dying to get out the watercolors and tempera paint.  Again with the huge setup.  To busy my littlest, I filled up some freezer bags with colored hair gel {it's glittered, too!} and taped them to our big glass door.  Little Dude loves them.  And obviously so does Dr. Sunbean.

On Friday, my mom was in town, so she entertained my littles while I cleaned the house.  No pictures, but that's certainly a change of pace {the cleaning part!}.

So link up!  I'd love to hear about your ideas and how your kiddos liked the activity.  We can all use some fresh ideas.  Speaking of ideas, I get most of my ideas from what I remember from school + student teaching, and also Pinterest.  Obviously.

Have a fun week!


1 comment:

emily said...

Great fun! I'm impressed with the paint. I stay away from paint, but I bet your kids loved it!