Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Sum of My Inheritence

MacGyver and I recently inherited my grandparents' dresser.  My mom and I think they probably bought it when they got married, which would put it at around 60 years old {ish}.  It's seriously vintage.


I'm looking forward to refinishing it to match our bed and headboard.  I love the lines already, but it {obviously} needs a new color and some updated hardware.

Here are some ideas I've found:
 






Source: westelm.com via Abbey on Pinterest


That last one is my favorite.  I love the hardware especially.

And I love that it was my grandparents.  I'm excited to give it new life, but right now I'm enjoying the fact that our bedroom smells like my Grandma Jean.

1 comment:

emily said...

LOVE IT! Great lines.
And the last one is my favorite too.