Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm a Green Machine

I fully realize I'm about 2 years late to this party, but I've recently become obsessed with green smoothies.  As in spinach smoothies.  They are seriously the best way to start my day.  They are filling, hydrating, and easy...perfect for the busy mornings.

St. Patty's Day Breakfast

I've googled around and tweaked a bit, and here's my current favorite recipe:

1-2 cups of fresh baby spinach (I usually just cram as much in there as possible)
1 cup frozen tropical fruit (I found mine at Target...pineapple, strawberry, and mango blend)
1/2 cup orange juice (I actually use Trader Joe's Orange-Peach-Mango)
1 large dollop of greek yogurt
1 banana

Then just toss it all in the blender.  It takes some time, and you'll probably have to 're-adjust' things so the blender will get the frozen fruit and the spinach.

Don't be scared....these taste like some sort of tropical drink.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

hmmm... I have a weird thing about the texture of spinach, or maybe it's the taste. I can't eat a spinach salad. I don't know about a spinach smoothie?!? hmmm

emily said...

I have just not been brave enough to try the green smoothies. Maybe I could give this recipe a go. Everything (but the spinach) sounds delicious!!!