Tuesday, March 27, 2012

School Days

Well, we opened up a new chapter of our lives yesterday.  The little Sunbean started preschool.


She's 3 1/2, but will be able to start kindergarten just after she turns 5.  When I realized that {in January}, I started exploring preschool options for next school year, so that she'd get a year of preschool under her belt.    I guess preschool is like college in these parts, because she was wait-listed everywhere.

On a whim, I decided to call our school district to find out exactly where she stood on the list.  I happened to get a lovely woman on the phone, who got my little lady signed up to fill an empty spot right away.  Now her spot for next year is guaranteed, and she gets an extra few months of school.  I really feel like we won the lottery on this one.

She's a 'peer model' for the preschool, which serves students with IEPs.  I think it will be a perfect fit for us.  Every single person I've spoken to has been absolutely fantastic.

It certainly tugged on my heartstrings to see my baby girl with a backpack on, walking into a school.  She's so ready for this....so I guess I am, too!  I loved the big smile and giant hug I got when I picked her up.


Next stop:  room mother extraordinaire!


1 comment:

virginia said...

how exciting!
p.s. you look so pretty and skinny!