Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Family Tradition: Christmas Pajamas

 


When the Sunbean was a baby, I started a family Christmas tradition.  I make pajamas for the family, and then we open them either or Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  This certainly isn't a unique tradition, but it's fun to look back at pictures and see the pajamas I've made.  Here's 2008 and 2009:


 











Here's hoping I actually keep up with the tradition and we have a fun collection of Christmas pajama pictures.  I don't make them holiday-themed since we're opening them on Christmas.  Otherwise we'd look like goons wearing Christmas trees and snowmen in March.

This year's are wrapped and under the tree, and they include a matching pair for Bitty Baby.  It's not too late to bust out that sewing machine....

3 comments:

Shannon said...

We've had a tradition similar to this since I was a kid. We always got to open new PJs on Christmas Eve. I've carried that tradition on and have an adorable matching set for the girls to open Friday night! Have a merry Christmas!!

Berry Family said...

Love it! We do the same thing. Hubby & I make the pants. Kids are all matching & then parents have different matching ones. The Christmas Elves leave them Christmas Eve as a surprise.

Unknown said...

We do pajamas on Christmas Eve as well. I don't always make them. Usually they are different designs (not matching) to better reflect our different personalities. This year we're going with a Christmas theme. Yep, we'll be goons at Easter.