Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Story Behind the Shoes

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave me to me...a totally easy and free advent calendar, the best Christmas movie ever made, quick gift card cozies, our Christmas tree, a sweet Christmas memory, and the story behind the shoes.

Okay, so maybe this isn't 100% Christmas-related.  But who reads blogs on Saturday, anyhow?

But yesterday I posted a picture with the Sunbean in these adorable Christmas shoes.  Quick tangent:  I h.a.t.e. that Christmas song.  Anyway, my friend Abby posted a comment that is actually one of my favorite memories, so I thought I'd share it with the internets.

If you're a regular reader (and followed me from my other blog), you know that getting the Sunbean in our life was a long, hard road.  In short, I was in the first trimester of a pregnancy for nine months of 2007.  Holy emotional year.  Poor, poor MacGyver.  Two of those pregnancies ended up ectopic, and one netted us our sweet baby girl.

In December of 2007, we were celebrating the fact that we actually had a viable pregnancy.  So exciting.  For New Year's Eve, we traveled over to see some friends in the Buckeye state.  While doing some shopping, we stumbled upon these adorable little shoes (on clearance, no less!) and right then and there, we made our very first purchase for our very first baby.

I think I looked at them about 300 times that weekend.  I was so excited when the Christmas season of 2008 rolled around, because I could finally use them!  So yes, they're cute, but they are probably one baby item I'll always keep.  I'll be that crazy old lady with the baby reindeer shoes, just because they mean so much to me.

Here's hoping Baby #2 has freakishly small feet so they can be worn again...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awe. love memories like that.