Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Quick Gift for Kids



While trolling around on Land of Nod the other week (or was it the other day?  I'm pretty much addicted), I stumbled across this fantastic idea.  An art jar for kids.  If you have a kid in your life like mine, they love to craft.  And if you're like me, you don't love to share your craft supplies.

A fantastic idea?  Yes.  A fantastic price?  Heck no.  Since I'm ridiculously cheap ultra resourceful, figured it would be easy and wayyyyy cheaper to do this on your own.  I'm thinking a big jar would be great, like one of those vats of animal crackers.  I'm sure you could just buy some type of container, but I'd like to think you'd all just recycle something you already have.  Just call me Mother Earth.

So you've got your jar (or maybe jars?) and then all you've got to do is stuff them full of fun stuff, like:
  • pipe cleaners
  • cool scissors
  • glue
  • pom pons
  • googly eyes
  • popsicle sticks
  • buttons
  • glitter (if you're brave)
  • markers
  • crayons
  • paper
  • anything else that looks like it could make a ginormous mess.
After that's all done, you just need a label.  Because I just found a new place to download new fonts, I decided to share the wealth and offer a free pdf of my label.  Because I'm nice like that.  So just click, print, and enjoy.  Feel free to use it for gifting, but let's not go ahead and sell these jars with my label, okay?

Enjoy!

craft jar

3 comments:

Emmy said...

I love Land of Nod - it's where I get my stocking stuffers every year. This year my favorite was this little bunny for Deano - it's the SOFTEST bunny ever and his favorite thing is to hug small stuffed animals. It's enough to melt anyone's heart. Also, Restoration Hardware has cute stuffers (and I am sure you could copy cat a TON of stuff there, too) and late in the season they get pretty cheap. Merry CHristmas!!

Unknown said...

cool idea! yes, we love crafts. I'm not much for sharing my supplies though. We usually have extra carstock or construction paper, some crayons or colored pencils, and cheap stickers. Markers, scissors, and glue are with adult supervision only (for the 5 year old). Anyway, our stuff isn't organized, so I'll gladly use your idea to make it so. Thank you.

online florist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.