Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gift Card Cozies

FYI....the Sunbean's birth story is being featured on Musings of a Marfan Mom.  Go check it out!


On the third day of Christmas my true love gave me to me...a totally easy and free advent calendar, the best Christmas movie ever made, and quick gift card cozies!

On one hand, honestly.  Who has the time to make a gift card cozy??  (Enter me, sheepishly raising hand.)  It's not that I have the time, per say, it's that I hate just giving a gift card.  So plain.  So boring.  So wonderful to receive, though.

When I saw this tutorial, I knew it was for me.  Super simple, uses scrap fabric (read:  free), and dresses up that oh-so-boring gift card.  I whipped up a few tonight (just 40 minutes for 4!), and loved the way they turned out.  The best part?  Two of them are for TWO of you!  Not a giveaway, sorry.  It's just that I have two unsuspecting people on my gift list this year.  And I know they both read my blog.

Here's the finished product.  The tutorial is fantastic, so get craftin'!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Those are really cute, Abbey!

emily said...

now, who wouldn't be excited to get one of those!