Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's Do 52: Handwritten

A few weeks ago, the prompt for "Let's Do 52" was 'handwritten'.  I immediately thought of this lovely stack of letters that I have in a box in my cloest.  I keep most cards/letters/notes that I recieve, espeically those that are meaningful.  I pulled the box down to find a good 'handwritten' object for the photo, and found these gems:


My stack of letters from MacGyver while he was on his mission.  For those of you not familiar with our story, we dates for about 6 months, and then he left for a 2-year service mission for our church.  We got to talk on the phone only 4 times in the two years, but we were able to write letters each week.

Looking at the stack of letters brought back so many memories of watching my mailbox like a hawk.  I'm sure my college roommates remember it well, too!  It was tough to have such strong feelings for someone, and then be limited to letter-writing for two whole years.  In the end, it was one of the best things to happen to our relationship.  We got to learn about each other and were able to develop a good friendship.  And we'll always have these letters, which I know we both treasure.  It's really fun to read them and remember what our 19-year-old selves were like.

So I thought I'd share why this stack of handwritten letters is one of my favorite posessions.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

emily said...

that's really cute. what a good pile of memories!

Unknown said...

I like keeping letters, cards, notes, etc as well. Good memories. :)