Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh, the Irony

I thought I'd be clever and put the first image that popped up for 'ironic' via Google Image search.  The first three contained swear words, were racially offensive, or tried to give my computer a virus.  Therefore, no picture for this post.

So.  The past 6 weeks have been so crazy.  I've been grading standardized tests from home, which I usually do in the spring.  The projects are typically 2-3 weeks long, where I'm required to work 15 hours per week from my home computer.  Really, it's a dream job for a stay-at-home mom.

This year, I guess I didn't read the fine print because the project I've been doing was scheduled for 8 weeks and we were required to work at least 25 hours.  That, plus the 5 hours I work already, made for a very busy momma.  Honestly, it was nearly more than I could handle.  I was hanging on by a thread.

The plus side to all of this is that I was making some serious cash.  Was.  As in, past-tense.  The project actually ended 2 weeks earlier than expected.  I really should be thrilled, right?  I have my life back!  I can finally prepare for this baby!

Except I had a doctor's appointment today and I'm 1cm dilated.  At 35 weeks (well, 35 if you do the math, 34 if you go by the ultrasound dating) that gives me a one-way ticket to bedrest.

So I finally have the time to sit around and grade.  Heck, I could grade for 40 hours a week now.  You know, now that the project is over.  And now that the project is over, and I have the time to run around doing the things on my list....I can't.  Ironic, huh?

All in all, though, I can't complain about bedrest.  It's only for two weeks, and my doctor really didn't seem too concerned about an early delivery.  My parents and in-laws have flexible work schedules, and I have lots of wonderful friends who have offered up babysitting and meals and books and movies.

My plan is to enjoy the 2 weeks of 'vacation from life'.  My life has been pretty insane lately, so taking a break is probably just what I need.  So you can expect lots of blogging from me, at least for the next two weeks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh girlfriend. I feel ya. :) I hope that everything goes well. Be good and strictly obey the bedrest. it works miracles. :) love ya!

Unknown said...

Sorry about the bed rest. I'm glad you are getting a break and lots of support. Soon you'll be having your son to hold in your arms and move on to the next chapter in your family's life. :)