Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Poor Timing of Little Dude

Oh, Little Dude.  For being 100% planned, you sure are coming at a busy time in our lives.  Well, it's really our fault.  We're (apparently) not good at math, and some things have changed in the past 8 months.

For starters, I found out I was pregnant with you 4 days before my first half-marathon.  Scratch that one.  In case you were wondering, it's a total drag to do all of the hard work and training for a 13-mile race and then not get the t-shirt.  Well, at least I got the half-marathon legs (you know, before I started retaining water).  Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be worth it.

Secondly, we planned for you to be born in May or June (let's just go with May, okay?) so that when Dad was going to graduate, you'd be 6 months old.  That way we could keep at least a few months between major life changes.  Well, the good news is that Dad is graduating sooner than we thought!  Hooray!  The interesting part is that his graduation ceremony is just two weeks before your expected arrival.  Hmm.  I guess if I can be picky, don't come on May 14th.  Or the few days before.  Thanks for understanding.

And third, you're kind of interfering with my love affair with this guy:


It's true.  Your nerdy mom is a Harry Potter fan.  Don't worry...I'll read all of the books to you and your sister someday.  But here's the thing.  The very last movie hits the theaters about 6 weeks after your due date.  Some would say that's perfect timing.  The problem is that I cannot leave my newborns babies toddlers offspring.  I'll admit to a little attachment parenting.  Hey - it works for me, and it worked just fine for your sister.  Don't get me wrong, Little Dude, dad and I enjoy the occasional evening away from sticky children, just not at 6 weeks of age.  Plus, I supply the nutrition.  If you're anything like your sister, I wouldn't be able to leave you for more than 2 hours at that age, anyway.  It's a good thing you'll probably be cute.

So what will I do about Harry?  I'm not sure yet.  I can either wait until it comes out on DVD (sad!) or I can somehow drag you along to the theater (I'm fairly positive that taking a newborn to a movie is included in the definition of bad parenting).  I've been seriously considering the feasibility of taking you to a matinee showing after the crowds have died down.

Even though your arrival is going to interfere with some other life events (yes, buddy, Harry Potter is a life event), we're positive that you're the perfect little boy for our family!

6 comments:

emily said...

I bet he'll be perfect for taking to the theater. He'll be tiny enough that he'll sleep the whole time, or you can just nurse away! It will work.

I was born the day before my dad took the CA bar exam. How's that for bad timing?

Chantel said...

I know what you mean about timing! London was exactly 2 weeks old when we moved in to the house we are in now. It couldn't have been helped because we were renting and had to go by when our lease ended. We found out about the pregnancy riiight after we bought plane/park tickets to Disney World...a month before we had planned on adding a maternity rider to our insurance. Somehow it all worked out. lol. That's a serious bummer about HP. I was in that boat last year...but then again, it wasn't the very last movie. I think the matinee is a good idea, or maybe wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down a little.Either way, I am soo excited for you guys and your new addition! :)

Anna said...

He best be waiting until at least May19th! I will be back in the country then:) I know it will all work out for you, but waiting for a baby is the most stressful/wonderful thing ever!

Chantel said...

P.S. Totally remember when that pic was taken. That was a fun night. :)

DVD Manufacturing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DVD duplication said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.